Following their well received holiday video. Air Canada is running a new worldwide contest named Giftmassive from December 12 to 24, 2014.
Details – Air Canada Giftmassive Contest
Click this link to begin. All you have to do is enter an email address, type in the CAPTCHA code shown and pick a present to see if you have won.
Prizes to be won:
There are 1,000, 066 prizes to be won consisting of one (1) Grand Prize and 1,000,065 Secondary Prizes.
The Grand prize: There is one (1) grand prize (the “Grand Prize”) to be won consisting of two (2) Business Class air transportation round-trip tickets to any destination that Air Canada serves worldwide (over 180 destinations) in Business Class/International Business Class, where such class is available. For a list of current Air Canada destinations, visit http://ac.fltmaps.com/en. The approximate total value of the Grand Prize is CDN $23,432. Exact value of the Grand Prize depends on point of departure and destination as well as time of travel.
Secondary Prizes: There are 1,000,065 instant secondary prizes (the “Secondary Prizes”) to be won during the Contest Period consisting of:
- 500,000 promotional codes that allow for a 10% discount off any Air Canada Tango base published fare booked exclusively through aircanada.com.
- 350,000 promotional codes that allow for a 15% discount any Air Canada Tango base published fare booked exclusively throughaircanada.com.
- 150,000 promotional codes that allow for a 20% discount off any Air Canada Tango base published fare booked exclusively through aircanada.com.
- 65 pairs of Economy Class round-trip tickets for the winner and his/her travelling companion valid for travel within Canada and to the U.S. (including Hawaii) booked exclusively through aircanada.com. For a list of current Canadian and U.S. Air Canada destinations, visit http://ac.fltmaps.com/en.
The list of terms of conditions can be found in this link. Here are some of the highlights (items to note are bolded):
- Eligible flights must be flights operated by Air Canada, under the Air Canada Express banner or by Air Canada rouge. Flights operated by other airlines including Star Alliance® member airlines, codeshare and interline flights are excluded. Flight reservation is subject to availability.
- Travel must be completed on or before June 15, 2015. Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program. No changes permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed and tickets have been issued.
- This offer is available on new bookings only. The promotional code discount applies on undiscounted Air Canada Tango base published fares when booking exclusively on aircanada.com and cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Some of our previously discounted fares, while not eligible for booking with the promotion code, may be lower than the final price of the undiscounted fare to which the promotion code applies. Tickets must be booked by December 30, 2014 for travel from January 7 to June 15, 2015. The discount applies to the base fare only, which form part of the applicable air transportation charges. Surcharges, which are also included in the air transportation charges, as well as applicable taxes, fees and charges are not discounted. Flights that are eligible for this discount must be operated by Air Canada, under the Air Canada Express banner or by Air Canada rouge. Free flights are only eligible for flights within Canada and to the U.S. (including Hawaii). For clarity, flights operated by other airlines including Star Alliance® member airlines, codeshare and interline flights are excluded from use of the promotional code. Maximum of nine passengers per reservation. Free flights are for maximum of two passengers per reservation.
- This contest is perfect for leisure travellers who may not place high importance to earning frequent flyer miles or make changes. A extra bonus is that Hawaiian flights are included. Given this code can be used for up to 9 passengers, the total discounts can be substantial.
- Passengers who purchased this type of tango fares tickets would have to pay for bag fees and advance seat assignment. Check the rules for Tango fares in this link for Canada and this link for US.
- Note that the terms and conditions for this contest further stated that this type of ticket will not earn any miles and no changes are permitted (at any costs). However, it did not say same day changes are not disallowed (we will seek clarification on this with Air Canada).
- Passengers who require more flexibility or mileage earning may find this type of fare not as tempting.
- As a general rule, it is beneficial to check flight prices with or without using the discount codes. In some cases, prices may be lower without using the discount code.