Lufthansa German Group added five new lounge options for passengers travelling in its route network.
The new lounges are available for the airline’s Miles and More program members and premium cabin passengers (Business and First).
Lufthansa operates hubs from Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Munich Airport (MUC). The new lounges are operated in three different continents (Asia, Africa and North America).
- Passenger departing from Orlando (MCO) may now use the brand new The Club at MCO lounge in Airside 4 of the terminal. It has offers a stylish seating area as well as showers and a family room. The club opened in November 2015 (News) and is the only independent lounge available in that concourse.
- At Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO), passengers may use the Aspire Lounge, where they will find comfortable seating and a range of snacks. WIFI connectivity is available.
- At Cancun airport (CUN), passengers now benefit from the small but comfortable Mera Business Lounge Terminal 3. It has WIFI and limited number of food selection.
- At Malé, Maldives (MLE), Lufthansa’s customers have access to the Leeli Lounge (former Plaza Premium lounge) and Neeri Lounge, which both serve hot food and feature WIFI.
- Passengers flying from Mauritius (MRU) enjoy access to the brand new Air Mauritius Amédée Maingard Lounge.
Lufthansa, in partnership with Austrian Airlines and SWISS International Air Lines, operates a suite of First, Senator and Business lounges in 28 airports around the world.
In an earlier post (Insight – March 2015), Experience The Skies explored the history and innovation of airport lounges as a marketing tool for airlines. Lounge access has become part of the standard for premium class and elite passenger experience. Like many other airlines, Lufthansa partners with lounge companies/ other airlines in expanding the experience without incurring significant capital and operating costs at lower traffic destinations. Expect the German airline to continue building various partnerships to bring more comfort in travel for passengers.
Check with our partner Loungereview.com for reviews of these lounges.